Nowadays, almost any computer can play DVD movies (either commercial or homemade DVDs) as long as there is a built-in DVD drive. But what about Blu-ray movies? Can your PC render this high definition movie formats without any complications? This article will tell you the truth so that you can start your Blu-ray era in your living room or share it with friends who have such problems.
Does your PC meet the specs. for playing back Blu-ray movies?
Below are the basic system requirements to play a Blu-ray disc on a Windows-based PC. Please double-check whether your computer meets the outlined requirements before trying attempting to watch your Blu-ray movies.
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP.
* Processor (CPU): Pentium 4 541 (3.2 GHz), Athlon 64 X2 3800+, AMD Fusion E-series, C-series or above.
* Graphics Processor (GPU on Card): Intel G45, ATI Radeon HD 2400, NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT or above.
* Memory: 2 GB required for Vista and Windows 7/8/8.1/10; 1 GB required for Windows XP.
* Hard Disk Space: 100-500 MB for Blu-ray player installation.
* Disc Player: BD-ROM/BD-RE or Super Multi Blu combo disc drive.
* Display Device (optional): To play Blu-ray movie on TV, HDCP compliant TV and video cards are required. That means DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort or other connectors are provided on both sides.
How to play Blu-ray on pc?
In order to play blu-ray movies on pc, you need a blu-ray drive and blu-ray player software, for Blu-ray drive, you can bought one from amazon, Samsung and sony are good choices. For Blu-ray software, I know a software named UFUWare Blu-ray Player Software is one easy-to-use player for Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista PC. It can help users enjoy any Blu-ray movie with outstanding and perfect video quality at home. This amazing player can not only play Blu-ray Disc, but also support Blu-ray folder and ISO image files. This PC Blu-ray Player is reliable and expert in playing Blu-ray discs released in different regions and dates trough simple clicks of mouse.
Step 1. Install UFUWare PC Blu-ray Player Software on your PC
To use this PC Blu-ray playing software, you need to download the free trial version. Then install it step by step according to the tips.
Step 2. Insert Blu-ray disc in your BD driver
Put the Blu-ray disc you want to watch in the BD driver (or driver device), which is different from DVD driver.
Step 3. Load discs
After launching the PC Blu-ray player software, the interface will pop up to you. Click “Open Disc”, find the Blu-ray disc that has been put in your BD driver and select it.
Step 4. Start to play Blu-ray on Windows PC
After loading the disc, you can choose “Play Movie” to play. It will start to play the main movie as soon as you click.